Each stage of the beer-making process requires controls of a multitude of variables – temperature, humidity, pH, pressure etc. Full understanding of these variables will define the quality of the beer.
The principal stages of the processes:
- Mashing – heating the mixture of crushed grains and water
- Kilning – drying the green malt in an oven with hot pulsed air
- Brewing – heating the wort, cooling the liquid
- Fermentation – essential stage which determines the appearance, smell, taste and texture of the beer
- Accurate measurement of pH
- Accurate control of temperature, humidity, pressure etc.
- Programming temperature profiles
- Management of historization alarms