The factory presets all inputs for 4-20mA. The preset for positive based output channels is 4-20mA and -10 to 10VDC for bipolar voltage output channels (as shown in Table 1). The supply power is configured for 120 VAC operation. For other I/O ranges, remove the four base screws and case to access the I/O cards.
Replace the cover before applying power.
1. Position input jumper “W1” for Current (I) or Voltage (V) input.
2. Set position 5 of the Input Range Selector for Unipolar or Bipolar
Note: A bipolar range selection will double any range from Table 2 (e.g, 10V span = ±10V bipolar span)
3. Set position 6 of the Input Range Selector for Normal or Reverse operation. Reverse acting produces a decreasing output with an increasing input.
4. Using Table 2, configure positions 1 through 4 of the Input Range Selector for the desired maximum input. Round the desired maximum input value to the next highest range (e.g., 0-70V = 100V range).
WARNING: Do not change switch settings with power applied. Severe damage will result.
1. For the AP4390 channels A and B, and the AP4391 channel B, use Table 3 to configure the output selector switches for one of the four(4) standard output ranges.
2. For the AP4392 channels A and B, and the AP4391 channel B, position output jumper "W2" for -5 to 5V or -10 to 10V.
1. Configure the AC jumpers for either 120 or 240 VAC operation.
1. Connect the input to a calibrated DC voltage or current source and apply power. Wait 1 hour for
thermal stability before monitoring the voltage/current output.
2. Set the calibrator to the desired minimum input and adjust the Zero potentiometer for the desired minimum output.
3. Set the calibrator to the desired maximum input and adjust the Span potentiometer for the desired maximum output.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for best accuracy.
1.Model: AP4390-0000 (ChA = I or V out; ChB = I or V out)
2.Option: U, see text
3.Line Power: 120/240VAC
4.Optional Factory Calibration (C620): specify input range, output range and power. (All power supplies are transformer-isolated from the internal circuitry.)
M801-0000 Retaining Spring
M011-A 11 pin Track Mount Socket
M004-0000 4 ft Long Channel Track
MD11-0000 11 pin DIN Mount Socket